Monday, January 16, 2012

Happy Name Day National Commander

For my senior project I have decided to bring awareness to the religious freedom abuses in Turkey. Religious minorities in Turkey, such as the Greek Orthodox Christians, are being systematically eradicated by the government authorities’ resistance to change the oppressing legal restrictions on minorities, including: internal governance, education, property rights, and legal status, aggravating the delicate relationship between religion and state. I have created this blog which has helped me establish a presence on the internet and encourage action on a local and international level. I am always trying to become a talking head advocating for the religious freedom for the Ecumenical See. As such, I have focused my efforts on the most significant, icon of freedom, the reopening of Halki Theological School. I have designed “Halki gear” (Champion sweatshirt and t-shirt) as a way to help raise funds for the Order of Saint Andrew. I am prepared for national distribution and to outfit the Theological School.  By making the seminary culturally assessable there is the opportunity it will create a sense of personal ownership and vested interest within the broader Orthodox community especially among youth and young adults. I would also like to wish National Commander Dr. Anthony Limberakis many years on the Eve of his Names Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment